Important information regarding office visits and Covid-19
Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine remains more committed than ever to provide care to your children during this pandemic. Our office remains open and we are taking the following precautions to keep everyone healthy while following all the guidelines and maintaining social distancing:
- We have eliminated our Walk-in hours due to the pandemic.
- You will not have to wait in the waiting room. We are limiting the number of visits scheduled and the number of doctors in the office daily, so that you'll go straight back to an exam room. You can also choose to wait in your car and be called when we're ready for you.
- Only one parent is allowed in the office with each child.
- We implemented a COVID 19 screening questionnaire administered before every visit.
- Everyone wears a mask in the office (staff, parents and patients over the age of 2 years).
- Providers and nursing staff wear gloves during examinations. Providers are also wearing full PPE when indicated.
- We have separate blocks of time for well visits and sick visits.
- We are thoroughly cleaning the exam rooms between each patient.
- We thoroughly clean the entire office several times throughout the day.
- We continue to offer telemedicine and pre-screen every sick patient via telemedicine before offering an appointment in the office.
- In order to maintain a safe environment for our staff as well as our patients
- All visits must be by appointment only. No walk-in hours!
- We ask that only one healthy parent come to the appointment.
We are scheduling checkups for all patients. Only one parent will be allowed in the room with your child and all adults and children over 2 will be asked to wear a mask.
Please, DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE DURING WELL VISIT HOURS IF YOU ARE SICK, even if you have a scheduled Well Visit.
We encourage everyone to schedule TeleVisits for sick visits. Call the office at 212-787-1444 (Manhattan) or 914-725-7555 (Westchester) to schedule.
More information on Covid-19 can be found on the CDC's website here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html